Monday, August 6, 2012

Editing...harder than it looks!

I have completed my first pass at editing 'Collide'!  Wow!  I feel like I have accomplished so much in doing that!  There is a huge weight that is lifted!  I still love my story!  I LOVE my characters and I LOVE that I have written a book!  It might not change literature...but it has changed my life.

We all have goals!  Most of us make new ones every year...we call them resolutions, but they are goals just the same.  Mine have been the same for so long...LOSE weight!  WRITE a novel!  I might not have gotten a handle on the 'weight' issue...but I have written a novel.  And now I have a publisher!  And next year my goals will be slightly different!  I will promise to eat better, exercise more and lose some more weight...but then I will also have a new goal...complete the sequel to Collide!  For my wonderful friends that have read my book...and all have asked...WHERE IS THE SEQUEL???  That is my goal for next year...to write the sequel and have it published.  It's crazy how good it feels to have done this!

I could NOT have done it without so many supportive wonderful women in my life!  First there is my mom.  She read Collide almost two years ago and didn't hate it!  She is a voracious reader and she enjoyed it!  It's not going to win a Pulitzer, but I DO hear the pride in her voice when she tells me that she shared this fact with someone else.  No matter how old you are, no matter what you do in your life, your parents approval is always the one thing that will carry the most weight for you.

I have a long list of friends, good girl friends, who have read my book.  You have shaped the story, you have helped develop the characters, and most importantly you have supported my dream.  You know that when it's published we will have one hell of a release party...and I promise your name will be in print.  But, for now, please know how much I love and appreciate your support!

Well, now it's time to go through these chapters a couple more times...and iron out a few mistakes, a few grammar issues and change some names.  I look forward to this next step almost as much as I looked forward to writing the story initially.  It's taking shape.  It's coming together! 

Stay tuned...the best is yet to come...on my journey to being a published author!

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
~kim

No comments:

Post a Comment